As Steve Buscemi gets back into character as Nucky Thompson for another season of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” Canadian Club Whisky is also dressing for its part! Canadian Club is launching limited edition Boardwalk Empire product to celebrate its starring role in the show and the series’ Season Two premiere (Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 9pm ET).
· Description: 750 ml bottles of Canadian Club 6 Year Old paired with Boardwalk Empire logoed flasks, wrapped in Boardwalk Empire-branded “neckers.”
· Limited Edition: 100,000 bottles released
· Availability: In liquor stores nationwide while supplies last
· Suggested Retail Price: $13.99
· CC Distillery: Located just over the Detroit, Michigan border in Windsor, Canada, Canadian Club was legally able to continue producing whisky between 1920 and 1933, when the manufacture and sale of beverage alcohol was prohibited in the United States
Al Capone: It is rumored that CC was a favorite of Al Capone, who operated a lucrative business smuggling the spirit into the U.S.
· Illicit Cargo: 20,000 cases of Canadian Club were smuggled into the U.S. each month during Prohibition
· Big Profits: Canadian Club has records of selling cases of whisky for $7 to customers who would then travel four hours south by car from the CC distillery and sell the same cases for $75 within the U.S.
Boardwalk Empire Fact or Fiction: Nucky Thompson, Arnold Rothstein, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky and Al Capone