Perhaps the best Mexican beer, Bohemia is a smooth, easy drinking style with a lot of flavor. Surprisingly crisp and clean with an unexpected subtle yet distinct hoppiness, it could compare with a solid American IPA and tasted a lot like Flying Fish. Check out this steak taco recipe by Bohemia chef Rick Bayless.
· 1 jar (16 ounces) Frontera Chipotle Salsa or Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa
· ½ cup Bohemia beer
· 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
· 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 medium white onions, sliced into ½-inch rounds
· Vegetable oil
· Chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
· 12 fresh, warm tortillas
1. Cut steak into 4- or 5-inch portions. Mix 1/2 cup of the salsa, the beer, garlic, lime juice, cumin and ½ teaspoon salt in a large zippered bag. Add the steak. Close the bag tightly and turn gently to coat the steak. Refrigerate 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
2. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or light a charcoal fire. Brush or spray the onion slices with vegetable oil. Grill onions over a cooler section of the grill, turning carefully until softened and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
3. Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the marinade). Oil the steak well on both sides, and lay it over the hottest part of the grill. Grill, turning once, until richly browned and done to your liking, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.