Ya don’t need a horse race to enjoy a mint julep cocktail. Check out this great cocktail by the bourbon experts. This year Basil Hayden’s has teamed up with renowned Louisville mixologist Joy Perrine to create our own unique julep! Knob Creek, the world’s #1 selling super-premium bourbon, makes a perfect mint julep, especially when you mix in Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve which ensures that every julep will have its own unique flavor!
Basil Hayden’s Triple Crown Julep (Created by Joy Perrine)
4 parts Basil Hayden’s ® Bourbon
4 chopped strawberries
10 Kentucky Colonel or Spearmint leaves
4 Lemon Wedges
1 part water
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1. Muddle brown sugar and water in pint glass until sugar dissolves.
2. Add chopped strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves and muddle well
3. Add Basil Hayden’s and shake
4. Add ice and shake once again
5. Strain cocktail over crushed ice and garnish with a mint sprig and strawberry