Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, although great for sipping neat or on the rocks, is also great for classic bourbon cocktails and Christmas cocktails. A small batch bourbon by Jim Beam, the Basil Hayden’s Blitzen’s Bourbon takes the spirit of Santa and the reindeer and shakes up your glass full of Christmas cheer. With bourbon, spices, bitters, apples, cinnamon, walnuts and sugar, this cocktail serves up a sweet and spicy Christmas cocktail. Mix up a cocktail, sit back, relax by the fire and enjoy the holidays.
2 Parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 Reindeer Spice Syrup (recipe below)
2 Dashes Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
Reindeer Spice Syrup
3 Apples, peeled and diced
5 Large Cinnamon Sticks
1 cup Walnuts
2 cups Sugar
3 Cups Water
1. Place the diced apples into water and boil, then reduce heat to low.
2. Briefly toast cinnamon sticks and walnuts in a saucepan, then transfer into apple mixture.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Gently stir in the 2 cups of sugar, thoroughly stirring, and remove from heat.
5. Once mixture has cooled, strain and press the juice and flavor from the boiled apples back in the mix.
1. In an old-fashioned glass, combine all ingredients and stir 20 times.
2. Garnish with an orange peel.