Check out the latest grilling recipe from the world famous Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, the signature Jack Daniel’s Char-Grilled Brined Pork Tenderloin. Brining the meat before being char-grilled is an exceptional flavor that can only come through with patience, skill and focus. Add the pan fried sweet onions and this Jack Daniel’s recipe is pure fire!
2 quarts water (slightly warm) to aid in dissolving ingredients
1/2 cup Kosher salt
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
1 can Chipotle peppers, pureed
1/4 cup blackening spice
3 rosemary stems
1. In a large non-reactive container, add water then the rest of the ingredients and stir with a whisk until totally dissolved.
2. Add the pork tenderloins and brine for 24 hours
3. Remove pork tenderloins from brine and discard the brine.
4. Char-Grill the pork tenderloins until medium 140 to 145 degrees.
5. Slice into 2 inch medallions and top with Honey Braised Sweet Onions.
Honey Braised Sweet Onions
2 one to one and a half pound pork tenderloins
4 large sweet onions (Vidalia preferable), thinly sliced
1 cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
2. Keep stirring and cook another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
3. Carefully pour in the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, add the chicken broth and thyme sprigs, then cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Turn the heat down to low and simmer the onions for another 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper then serve immediately over the sliced pork tenderloin medallions.