By Chef Rusty Hamlin
Add some heat to your new year with Chef Rusty Hamlin’s Louisiana BBQ Shrimp! Pan fried and fire hot, these BBQ shrimp can be cooked in any kitchen in any season. Rusty Hamlin, a successful chef from Louisiana, is now the official chef for the Zac Brown Band who also partner with Jack Daniels. Check out this Cajun Creole style shrimp recipe and fire up your next meal with the Louisiana BBQ Shrimp!
3 ounces unsalted butter
1teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 Lemon juiced and zest
1/2 tablespoon Cajun Blackening Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tablespoon Pepper Sauce
3 cloves garlic
1/2 small onion
1 pound fresh 16-20 count Gulf Shrimp (head on)
1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
Chopped Parsley and French Bread for garnish
1. Leave the head on and using a paring knife cut the top of the shell on the tail from front to back only going thru 1/2 of the tail meat.
2. Carefully wash the trail out of the tail with running water in the sink.
Making Compound Butter:
1. In a food processor puree the onion and garlic till fine.
2. Add all of the first nine ingredients and process till all is blended.
1. Melt butter on medium heat and add shrimp. I like to line them up in the same direction, it makes it easer to turn and work with.
2. Cook shrimp in compound butter for four minutes on each side and remove from pan.
3. Line up shrimp on a serving platter all facing the same direction.
4. Add Jack Daniel’s to butter mixture and flame.
5. Once reduced (3 min) pour mixture over shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley and lots of French bread for dipping.