By Tim Rodgers
This dip is a work of art that requires the eater to dip his or her chip in the actual tray to retrieve some of the fine game-time appetizer. Whether you prefer the likes of Aaron Rodgers finally putting an end to the Bret Favre legacy in Green Bay by throwing 4 touchdown’s or Ben Roethlisberger avoiding 2 sacks and executing the 3rd and long, this is the dip for you! Don’t worry; no massage therapists or co-eds in Georgia were hurt in the making of this appetizer, so sit back and enjoy!
You will need:
– 14″ round aluminum tray. (You find these at most “Dollar Stores”)
– 1/2 of a small package of taco seasoning (Mild, Medium, or Hot to taste)
– A big tub of cream cheese I think the 16-24 ounce tub will do, softened
– 1/2 of a small jar of Taco sauce (Mild, Medium, or Hot to everyone’s taste)
– 1 8 ounce jar of salsa. (Mild, Medium, or Hot to everyone’s taste)
– 1 small red onion finely diced
– 1 small green bell pepper finely diced
– 2-4 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese (The mo’ cheese the better!)
– 2 cups of shredded lettuce romaine or iceberg will work
– 1 can of sliced black olives (optional)
– Big Family size bag of tortilla chips
Allow the cream cheese to soften the morning before the big game. Meanwhile you can dice/slice/cut your veggies. Once softened, mix a couple of teaspoons of the taco mix with the cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Using a rubber spatula, spread the cream cheese concoction evenly on your tray as to cover the entire tray with the cream cheese. Next, spread the taco sauce on top, again covering the entire area.
Repeat with each ingredient/layer with the salsa next, the peppers, the onions, the cheese, the lettuce, and finally, for appearance throw a couple of the olives on top. Serve with the tortilla chips and don’t be afraid to really dig in and destroy your creation!
I recommend serving this with this year’s Mexican Beer category champ Bohemia!
The Colby Fire Jack Vegetable Omelette: Spinach, Portabella Mushrooms, Tomato, Onions, Habanero Hot Sauce