By Justine Seligman, Ryan Carpenter, Eric Duncan, Sahir Saiyad, Kevin Hussey, Moses Vered, Francisco Guzman, Scott Shaffer, Matt Goldstein & G. Leon
If New York City is the king of anything, it’s the king of big fat banging pizza slices. The Whiskey Goldmine has assembled our NYC crew to bring you the best pizza served in any hood in any borough. Did your borough get the shaft? Go ahead, ask us if we care…
1. Sal and Carmine’s Pizza on 101st and Broadway, Manhattan.
Just get a plain slice. We guarantee you haven’t ever had a better slice of pizza in NYC, maybe even your life. Once you eat one, you want another. The sauce is a fairly traditional marinara but these slices come with the perfect combination olive oil and oregano. Sal & Carmine’s is an absolute must!
Lombardi’s was the first licensed pizza spot in the United States in 1905. Their fresh clam pizza with basil, lemon juice and parmesan brick oven style is ridiculous!
3. John’s Pizzeria on Bleecker St., Manhattan, NY.
John’s Pizza has been around since 1929 and still may be the best brick oven pie in NYC.
5. Totonno’s Pizza 27th St. & 2nd Ave, Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY.
6. Louie and Ernies on Crosby Ave. in the Bronx.
7. Vezzo Thin Crust pizza on 31st and Lexington Ave., Manhattan.
8. Rocky’s Pizza on 32nd St. and 2nd. Ave., Manhattan.
Rocky’s Pizza has been a staple in the Kips Bay area for a reason, it’s just damn good.
9. A&J Pizza on Austin St., Forest Hills, Queens.
10. Koronet Pizza on 110th St. and Broadway, Manhattan.
Koronet Pizza slices are huge! One slice of Koronet Pizza is 2 slices anywhere else and it’s one of the best late night food spots in the city.
11. Franny’s Pizza on Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY.
12. Difara’s Pizza, Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY.
13. Rizzo’s Pizza in Astoria, Queens, NY.
14. Denino’s Pizza, Staten Island, NY.
15. Patsy’s Pizza, Manhattan
16. Roberta’s Pizza in Brooklyn
Honorable Mention: Any pizza spot on Arthur Ave. in the Bronx
The Top 10 Bars & Clubs in Vegas: Club XS, The Moon Bar, Pure, Rum Jungle, Drai’s, Hard Rock, Ghost Bar
The Top 10 Haunted Bars & Taverns: Broad Axe Tavern, One if By Land, Two if by Sea, Pirate’s House, Cafe Lefite in Exile
Top 25 Best Drinking Songs: Whiskey in the Jar, Salt of the Earth, Alabama Song, Don’t Come Home a Drinkin, Margaritaville
The New Year’s Eve Top 15 Champagnes: Castellar Cava, Domaine St Michelle, Piper Heidsieck, Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Mumm, Thorn Clarke, Taittinger, Moet and more…