Mike Isabella received his formal chef training at The Restaurant School in New York, taking classes and cooking at some of New York City’s greatest restaurants. After New York, Chef Isabella made his way to Philadelphia where he worked at Alma de Cuba and then several Stephen Starr restaurants. Most recently, Chef Isabella was the executive chef of Jose Andres’ Zaytinya restaurant in Washington, DC.. Chef Isabella recently appeared on Season Six of Top Chef and was the runner-up finalist on Top
24 1lb Lobsters
Corn Nuts, crushed
Chive, sliced very thin
1. Poach the lobster in water for 3 minutes.
2. Pull out and ice down.
3. Take lobster out of shells and cut into portions (½ oz rounds).
BOURBON POACHING LIQUID
2 cups Knob Creek Bourbon
2 cups Water
½ cup Shallots, sliced
¼ oz Thyme Sprigs
4 lbs Butter
1. Mix together Knob Creek bourbon, water, shallots and thyme and reduce to 1 cup over
2. Strain liquid and put back on the heat and mount the sauce with butter.
1 Case Yellow Corn
1 quart Mascarpone
¼ cup Grade B Dark Maple Syrup
1. Juice the corn kernels with a vegetable juicer.
2. Place juice in a pot and bring to boil.
3. Make sure to have a whisk and rubber spatula handy, then whisk the sauce until it starts
to thicken. Switch to a rubber spatula and stir until it comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
5. Whisk in the mascarpone and maple syrup and chill.
1. Slice the lobster into ¼ inch medallions.
2. Spoon corn sauce into spoon and top with medallion.
3. Top with chives and crushed up corn nuts.